Publications by Location
Orissa, Madhya Pradesh
- Title Nguyen KH, Jimenez-Soto E, Dayal P, Hodge A, Disparities in child mortality trends: what is the evidence from disadvantaged states in India? The case of Orissa and Madhya Pradesh, 2013, International Journal for Equity in Health, Vol: 12, No: 45. International Journal for Equity in Health. 2013; 12: 45.
- Title Nguyen KH, Soto EJ, Dayal P, Hodge A, Disparities in child mortality trends: what is the evidence from disadvantaged states in India? The case of Orissa and Madhya Pradesh, 2013, International Journal for Equity in Health, Vol: 12, No: 45. International Journal for Equity in Health. 2013; 12: 45.
- Title Saxena D, Vangani R, Mavalankar DV, Thomsen S, Inequity in maternal health care service utilization in Gujarat: analyses of district-level health survey data, 2013, Global Health Action, Vol: 6. Global Health Action. 2013; 6: 19652.
- Title Saxena D, Vangani R, Mavalankar DV, Thomsen S, Inequity in maternal health care service utilization in Gujarat: analyses of district-level health survey data, 2013, Global Health Action, Vol: 6, No: 19652. Global Health Action. 2013; 6: 19652.
- Title Khanna R, Communal Violence in Gujarat, India: Impact of Sexual Violence and Responsibilities of the Health Care System, 2008: Reproductive Health Matters, Vol: 16, No: 31, p142-152.
- Title Acharya SS, Access to Health Care and Patterns of Discrimination: A study of Dalit Children in Selected Villages of Gujarat and Rajasthan, 2010, Working Paper Series, Vol: 01, No: 02. Children, Indian Institute of Dalit Studies and UNIVEF, Social Exclusion and Development Working Paper Series. 2010; 1(2).
- Title Corbridge S, Competing Inequalities: The Scheduled Tribes and the Reservations System in India’s Jharkhand, 2000, The Journal of Asian Studies, Vol: 59, Issue: 1, p62-85. The Journal of Asian Studies. 2000; 59(1): 62-85
- Title Deshpande A, Does Caste still Define Disparity? A Look at Inequality in Kerala, India, 2000, American Economic Review, Vol: 90, No: 2, p322-325. The American Economic Review. 2000; 90(2): 322-325.
- Title Mukherjee S, Haddad S, Narayana D, Social class related inequalities in household health expenditure and economic burden: evidence from Kerala, south India, 2011, International Journal for Equity in Health, Vol:10, No:1. International Journal for Equity in Health. 2011; 10: 1.
- Title Levesque JF, Haddad S, Narayana D, Fournier P, Outpatient care utilization in urban Kerala, India, 2006, Published by Oxford University Press in association with The London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. Published by Oxford University Press in association with The London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. 2006.
- Title Narayana D, Health equity lessons from Kerala, 2012, Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health, Vol: 36, No: 522. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health. 2012; 36: 522.
- Title Jose JP, Vinod CV, Renjith R, George J, Unwed Motherhood among Tribals in South India, 2012: The Indian Journal of Social Work, Vol: 73, No: 1, p73-96.
- Title Sengupta J, Sarkar D, Discrimination in Ethnically Fragmented Localities A Study on Public good provision in West Bengal, 2007, Economic and Political Weekly, Vol: 42, No: 32, p3313-3321.
- Title Kanjilal B, Mukherjee M, Singh S, Mondal S, Barman D, Mandal A, Health, Equity and Povery exploring the links in West Bengal, India, 2007, Future Health Systems Innovations for equity: Research Monograph India Series. Future Health Systems Innovations for equity: Research Monograph India Series. 2007.
- Title Tuddenham SA, Rahman MH, Singh S, Barman D, Kanjilal B, Care seeking for postpartum morbidities in Murshidabad, rural India, 2010, International Journal of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Vol: 109, p245-254. International Journal of Gynecology and Obstetrics. 2010; 109: 245-254.
- Title Dey I, Chaudhuri RN, Gender Preference and its Implications on Reproductive Behavior of Mothers in a Rural Area of West Bengal, 2009, Indian Journal of Community Medicine, Vol: 34, No: 1. Indian Journal of Community Medicine. 2009; 34(1).
- Title Pandey A, Sengupta PG, Mondal SK, Gupta DN, Manna B, Ghosh S, Sur D, Bhattacharya SK, Gender Differences in Healthcare-seeking during Common Illnesses in a Rural Community of West Bengal, India, 2002, Journal of Health, Population and Nutrition, Vol: 20, No: 4, p306-311. Journal of Health, Population and Nutrition. 2002; 20(4): 306-311.
- Title Som S, Pal M, Chakrabarty S, Bharati P, Socioeconomic impact on child immunisation in the districts of West Bengal, India, 2010: Singapore Medical Journal, Vol: 51, No: 5.
- Title Vadrevu L, Kumar V, Kanjilal B, Gender differentials in the impact of multi-morbidity on self rated health in rural West Bengal in India, 2015: ISOR Journal of Nursing and Health Science, Vol: 4, No: 2, p16-21.
- Title Haque I, Discriminated urban spaces: A study of spatial segregation in urban West Bengal, 2016, Economic and Political Weekly, Vol: 51, No: 46, p41-50.
- Title Bera s, Migrants denied basic human rights, says study on Kolkata, http://www.downtoearth.org.in/coverage, 43995, 11 April 2014
- Title Saroha E, Altarac M, Sibley LM, Caste and Maternal Health Care Service Use among Rural Hindu Women in Maitha, Uttar Pradesh, India, 2008, Journal of Midwifery & Women’s Health, Vol: 53, No:5. Journal of Midfiery & Women’s Health. 2008; 53(5).
- Title Speizer IS, Nanda P, Achyut P, Pillai G, Guilkey DK, Family Planning use among urban poor women from six cities of Uttar Pradesh, India, 2012, Journal of Urban Health: Bulletin of the New York Academy of Medicine, Vol: 89, No: 4. Journal of Urban Health: Bulletin of the New York Academy of Medicine. 2012; 89(4).
- Title Ahuja R, Rajpurohit AC, Ahuja R, Gender inequalities in immunization of children in a rural population of Barabanki, Uttar Pradesh, 2014, Indian Journal of Community Health, Vol: 26, No: 4, p370-373. 2014; 26(4): 370-373.
- Title Rai AK, Chauhan BG, Inequality utilization of maternal health care services among teenage married women in Uttar Pradesh: evidence from NFHS-3, 2014, Global Journal of Multidisciplinary Studies, Vol: 3, No: 10. Global Journal of Multidisciplinary Studies. 2014; 3(10): ISSN 2348-0459.
- Title Nandi S, The role of community health workers (CHWs) in Addressing Social determinants of health in Chhattisgarh, India, 2012, A mini-thesis submitted in partial fulfilment of the requirements for the degree of Masters in Public Health at the School of Public Health, University of the Western Cape. A mini-thesissubmitted in partial fulfilment of the requirements for the degree of Masters in Public Health at the School of Public Health,University of the Western Cape. 2012.
- Title Das S, Bapat U, More NS, Chordhekar L, Joshi W, Osrin D, Prospective study of determinants and costs of home births in Mumbai slums, 2010, BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth, Vol: 10, No: 38. BMCPregnancy and Childbirth. 2010; 10: 38.
- Title Skordis-Worrall J, Pace N, Bapat U, Das S, More NS, Joshi W, Pulkki-Brannstrom AM, Osrin D, Maternal and neonatal health expenditure in Mumbai slums (India): A cross sectional study, 2011, BMC Public Health, Vol: 11, No: 150. BMC Public Health. 2011; 11: 150
- Title Raj A, Sabarwal S, Decker MR, Nair S, Jethva M, Krishnan S, Donta B, Saggurti N, Silverman JG, Abuse from In-Laws during Pregnancy and Post-Partum: Qualitative and Quantitative Findings from Low-income Mothers of Infants in Mumbai, India, 2011, Maternal and Child Health Journal, Vol: 15, p700-712. Maternal and Child Health Journal. 2011; 15: 700-712.
- Title Rahman MHU, Socio-economic inequality in the occurrence of disability in India: Evidence from a large scale sample survey, International Institute for Population Sciences, Mumbai. International Institute for Population Sciences, Mumbai.
- Title Shrivastava A, Johnston ME, Thakar M, Shrivastava S, Sarkhel G, Sunita I, Shah N, Parkar S, Origin and Impact of Stigma and Discrimination in Schizophrenia – Patients’ Perception: Mumbai Study, 2011, Stigma Research and Action, Vol: 1, No: 1, p67-72. Stigma Research and Action. 2011; 1(1): 67-72.
- Title Lingam L, Pitre A, Gender inequities in health access and outcomes.
- Title Dasgupta A, Can the Major Public Works Policy Buffer Negative Shocks in Early Childhood? Evidence from Andhra Pradesh, India, 2013, Discussion Paper. Discussion Paper. 2013
- Title Kalpana K, Iyer SR, Psycho-Social Problems of Women Living with HIV/AIDS and its Impact on their Families in Andhra Pradesh, India, 2013, Journal of Humanities and Social Science, p29-36. Journal of Humanities and Social Science. 2013; 29-36.
- Title Rao M, Singh PV, Katyal A, Samarth A, Bergkvist S, Renton A, Netuveli G, Has the Rajiv Aarogyasri Community Health Insurance Scheme of Andhra Pradesh Addressed the Educational Divide in Accessing Health Care, 2016: PLOS ONE, Vol: 11, No: 1
- Title Dara NR, Ramakrishna R, Determinants of Income Inequalities and multidimensional poverty among SC/STs in Andhra Pradesh: Micro-level evidence, 2016: IOSR Journal of Economics and Finance, Vol: 7, No: 3, p42-54.
- Title Gupta SD, Gupta R, Sharma NK, Sharma ND, Maternal mortality ratio and predictors of maternal deaths in selected desert districts in Rajasthan: A community –based survey and case control study, 2010, Women’s Health Issues, Vol: 20, p80-85. Women’s Health Issues. 2010; 20: 80-85.
- Title Mohan P, Inequities in Coverage of Preventive Child Health Interventions: The Rural Drinking Water Supply Program and the Universal Immunization Program in Rajasthan, India, 2005: American Journal of Public Health, Vol: 95, No: 2.
- Title Singh P, Dave K, Gender Disparities Among Districts of Rajasthan, 2013: International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Vol: 2, No: 10.
- Title Jat TR, Ng W, Sebastian MS, Factors affecting the use of maternal health services in Madhya Pradesh state of India: a multilevel analysis, 2011, International Journal for Equity in Health, Vol: 10, No: 59. International Journal for Equity in Health. 2011; 10: 59.
- Title Ahirwar J, Dalits in Madhya Pradesh village cry discrimination; Sub-Divisional Magistrate says charges leveled due to personal enmity, January 30, 2017.
- Title Pandey K, Migration for work is making matters worse for poor tribals,http://www.downtoearth.org.in/news/55153, 03 August 2016
- Title Kumar GA, Dandona R, Chaman P, Singh P, Dandona L, A population-based study of neonatal mortality and maternal care utilization in the Indian state of Bihar, 2014, BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth, Vol: 14, No: 357. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth. 2014; 14: 357.
- Title Gupta A, Destination Bihar, http://www.downtoearth.org.in/coverage/46655, 15 October 2014
- Title Mathur MR, Tsakos G, Millett C, Arora M, Watt R, Socioeconomic inequalities in dental caries and their determinants in adolescents in New Delhi, India, 2014, BMJ Open, e006391. BMJ Open. 2014; e006391.
- Title Garg S, Sharma N, Sahay R, Socio-cultural aspects of menstruation in an urban slum in Delhi, India, 2001, Reproductive and Health Matters, Vol: 9, No: 17. Reproductive and Health Matters. 2001; 9(17).
- Title Mahendra VS, Gilborn L, George B, Samson L, Mudoi R, Jadav R, Gupta I, Bharat S, Daly C, Reducing AIDS related Stigma and Discrimination in Indian Hospitals, 2006, Horizons Final Report, New Delhi: Population Council. Horizons Final Report, New Delhi: Population Council. 2006
- Title Kusums YS, Kumari R, Pandav CS, Gupta SK, Migration and immunization: determinants of childhood immunization uptake among socioeconomically disadvantaged migrants in Delhi, India, 2010: Tropical Medicine and International Health, Vol: 15, No: 11, p1326
- Title Kusuma YS, Kumari R, Kaushal S, Migration and access to maternal healthcare: determinants of adequate antenatal care and institutional delivery among socio-economically disadvantaged migrants in Delhi, India, October 2013, Vol 18, No 10, Tropical Medic
- Title Das J, Hammer J, Location, location, location: Residence, wealth, and the quality of medical care in Delhi, India, 2007: Health Affairs, Vol: 26, No: 3, p338-351.
- Title Gopalan SS, Mohanty S, Das A, Challenges and opportunities for policy decisions to address health equity in developing health systems: case study of the policy processes in the Indian state of Orissa, 2011, International Journal for Equity in Health, Vol: 10, No: 55. International Journal for Equity in Health. 2011; 10: 55.
- Title Nayak B, Problems, Challenges and Status of Women with Disabilities in Odisha: A Study in India, 2013, American International Journal of Research in Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences, p13-246. American International Journal of Research in Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences. 2013; 13-246.
- Title Banjare P, Pradhan J, Socio-Economic Inequalities in the Prevalence of Multi- Morbidity among the Rural Elderly in Bargarh District of Odisha (India), 2014, PLOS one, Vol: 9, No: 6, pe97832. PLOS one. 2014; 9(6): e97832.
- Title Gopalan SS, Review of Health Equity, 2009: Technical and Management Support Team, Health Equity Analysis, Department of Health and Family Welfare, Government of Orissa.
- Title Mahapatro M, Equity in utilization of health care services: Perspective of pregnant women in southern Odisha, India, 2015: Indian Journal of Medical Research, Vol: 142, p183-189.
- TitleDeborah T, Sarangi BL, Garg A, Ahuja A, Meherda P, Karthikeyan SR, Joddar P, Kar R, Pattnaik J, Druvasula R, Rath AD, Closing the health and nutrition gap in Odisha, India: A case study of how transforming the health system is achieving greater equity, 2015: Social Science and Medicine, Vol: 145, p154-162.
Punjab and Haryana
- Title Gupta M, Thakur JS, Kumar R, Reproductive and Child Health Inequalities in Chandigarh Union Territory of India, 2007, Journal of Urban Health: Bulletin of the New York Academy of Medicine, Vol: 85, No: 2. Journal of Urban Health: Bulletin of the New York Academy of Medicine. 2007; 85(2).
- Title Malave S, Ramakrisha J, Heylen E, Bharat S, Ekstrand ML, Differences in testing, stigma, and perceived consequences of stigmatization among heterosexual men and women living with HIV in Bengaluru, India, 2014, AIDS Care, Vol: 26, No: 3, p396-403. AIDS Care. 2014; 26(3): 396-403.
- Title Patil AS, Health care of elderly and gender disparity: with reference to Indian Society, 2014: International Interdisciplinary Research Journal, Vol: IV.
- Title Prashanth NS, Capacity building and performance in local health systems, 2015.
- Title Bhagavatheeswaran L, Nair S, Stone H, Isac S, Hiremath T, Raghavendra T, Vadde K, Doddamane M, Srikantamurthy HS, Heise L, Watts C, Schweisfurth M, Bhattacharjee P, Beattie TS, The barriers and enablers to education among scheduled caste and scheduled tribe adolescent girls in northern Karnataka, South India: A qualitative study, 2016: International Journal of Educational Development, Vol: 49, p262-270.
- Title Hollen CV, HIV-AIDS and the gendering of stigma in Tamil Nadu South India, 2010, Culture, Medicine, and Psychiatry, Vol: 34, No: 4, p633. Medicine, and Psychiatry. 2010; 34(4): 633. 2010
- Title Thomas BE, Rehman F, Suryanarayanan D, Josephine K, Dilip M, Dorairaj VS, Swaminathan S, How stigmatizing is Stigma in the life of people living with HIV: A study on HIV positive individuals from Chennai, South India, 2005, AIDS Care, Vol: 17, No: 7, p795-801. AIDS Care. 2005; 17(7): 795-801.
- Title Ravindran TKS, Balasubramanian P, Mini GK, Inequities in health in Tamil Nadu: A study of Dharmapuri district
- Title Menon N, Is Feminism about ‘Women’? A Critical View on Intersectionality from India, April 25, 2015, Economic and Political Weekly, Vol. L, No: 17
- Title Borooah VK, Gender bias among children in India in their diet and immunisation against disease, 2004: Social Science and Medicine, Vol: 58, p1719-1731.
- Title Subramanian SV, Nandy S, Irving M, Gordon D, Lambert H, Smith GD, The Mortality Divide in India: The Differential Contributions of Gender, Caste, and Standard of Living Across the Life Course, 2006: American Journal of Public Health, Vol: 96, No: 5.
- Title Corsi DJ, Bassani DG, Kumar R, Aswathi S, Jotkar R, Kaur N, Jha P. Gender inequity and age appropriate immunization coverage in India from 1992 to 2006, BMC International Health and Human Rights, Vol: 9,Supply 1.
- Title Rani M, Bonu S, Harvey S, Differentials in the quality of antenatal care in India, 2008: International Journal for Quality in Health Care, Vol: 20, No: 1, p62-71.
- Title Muniyandi M, Singh N, Tribal Health Inequality: Challenges remain, 2007: Tribal Health Bulletin, Vol: 17, No: 1&2.
- Title Visaria L, Saxena D, Inequity in maternal & child health,
- Title Joe W, Rudra S, Subramanian SV, Horizontal Inequity in Elderly Health Care Utilization: Evidence from India, 2015: Journal of Korean Medical Sciences, Vol: 30, S155-166.
- Title Pallikadavath S, Singh A, Ogollah R, Dean T, Stones W, Human resource inequalities at the base of India’s public health care system, 2013: Health and Place, Vol: 23, p26-32.
- Title Stroope S, Seclusion, decision-making power, and gender disparities in adult health: Examining hypertension in India, 2015: Social Science Research, Vol. 53, p288-299.
- Title Nambia D, Muralidharan A, Garg S, Daruwalla N, Genesan P, Analysing implementer narratives on addressing health inequity through convergent action on the social determinants of health in India, 2015: International Journal for Equity in Health, Vol: 14, No: 133.
- Title Zacharias A, Vakulabharanam V, Caste and wealth inequality in India, 2009: Working Paper No: 566, The Levy Economics Institute of Bard College.
- Title Thomsen S, Hoa DTP, Malqvist M, Sanneving L, Saxena D, Tana S, Yuan B, Byass P, Promoting equity to achieve maternal and child health, 2011: Reproductive Health Matters, Vol: 19, No: 38, p176-182.
- Title Srivatsan R, Reflections on discrimination and health in India, 2015: Indian Journal of Medical Ethics, Vol: XII, No: 1.
- Title Sarkar S, Research on social determinants of health necessary for health equity in India, 2016: International Journal of Medicine and Public Health, Vol: 6, No: 1.
- Title Zahid AT, Khan FA, Ensuring health equity through right to health in India, 2015: Innovative Journal of Medical and Health Science, Vol: 5, No: 5, p182-190.
- Title Chatterjee K, Sinha RK, Kundu AK, Shankar D, Gope R, Nair N, Tripathy PK, Social determinants of inequities in under-nutrition (weight-for-age) among under-5 children: a cross sectional study in Gumla district of Jharkhand, India, 2016: International Journal for Equity in Health, Vol: 15, No: 104.
- Title Bhan N, Rao KD, Health inequities research in India: A review of themes, patterns and opportunities, 2011: Reproductive Health Matters, 2016, British Medical Journal Global Health, Supply 1: A2-A43.
- Title Hari KS, Hatti N, Poverty and inequality in India: An explanatory analysis, 2015: Social Science Spectrum, Vol: 1, No: 4, p249-261.
- Title Bhan N, Karan A, Srivastava S, Selvaraj S, Subramanan SV, Millet C, Have Socioeconomic Inequalities in Tobacco Use in India Increased Over Time? Trends From the National Sample Surveys (2000–2012)
- Title Jahan Y, Intersectionality of marginalization and inequality: A case study of Muslim India, 2016: Journal of Political Sciences and Public Affairs, Vol: 4,No: 1.
- Title Dev MS, Economic reforms, poverty, and inequality, March 2016: Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, Working Paper 2016-009.
- Title White G, Ruther M, Kahn J, Educational Inequality in India: An analysis of gender differences in reading and mathematics, March 2016: India Human Development Survey, Working Paper No: 2016-2.
- Title Parmer P, Mathur MR, Tsakos G, Watt RG, Methods to measure socio-economic inequalities in health for Indian adolescents, 2016: Online Journal of Public Health Informatics, Vol: 8, No: 1.
- Title Mohindra, KS, Labonte R, A systematic review of population health interventions and Scheduled Tribes in India, July 2010: BMC Public Health, Vol: 10, No: 438.
- Title Nerkar S S, Tamhankar AJ, Johansson E, Lundborg SC, Improvement in health and empowerment of families as a result of watershed management in a tribal area in India – a qualitative study, October 2013: BMC International Health and Human Rights, Vol: 13, No: 42
- Title Mishra A, Sarma S, Understanding Health and Illness among tribal communities in Orissa, 2011: Indian Anthropologist, Vol: 41, No: 1, p1-16.
- Title Mohindra KS, Public Health Research and Scheduled Tribes: An ethical lens, 2016: Journal of Public Health, Vol: 60, No: 3, p221-223
- Title Saikia, U.S., Steele, R., Dasvarma, G., 2001. Culture, Religion and Reproductive Behaviour in Two Indigenous Communities of Northeastern India: A Discussion of Some Preliminary Findings, in: IUSSP General Conference
- Title Basu, S., 2000. Dimensions of tribal health in India. Health Population Perspectives. Issues 23, 61-70
- Title Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Report of the High level committee on socio-economic, health and educational status of tribal communities of India, Government of India, May 2014
- Title Srivastava K,Tribal kids drop like flies, state indifferent.2016/India
- Title Pandey K ,Migration for work is making matters worse for poor tribals.2016/India
- Title Pandey K,Indigenous peoples’ health needs special attention: UN, 2016/India
- Title Dehury RK, Samal J, Health System Competency for Maternal Health Services in Balasore District and Jaleswar Block, Balasore, Odisha, India: An Assessment, . 2016: .Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research, JCDR 10, IC01.
- Title Menon V, When Tribal Health Culture Meets the Market: Questions for Policy Imperatives, 2013: The Eastern Anthropologist, 66, p513–524.
- Title Prasad, S., 2014. Ailing and treatment seeking behavior of schedule tribes of Madhya Pradesh, India. Ann. Trop. Med. Public Health 7, 156. doi:10.4103/1755-6783.146415
- Title Prasad V, Sinha D, Potentials, Experiences and Outcomes of a Comprehensive Community Based Programme to Address Malnutrition in Tribal India, 2015: International Journal of Child Health and Nutrition, Vol: 5, p151-162.
- Title Kannabiran K, Constitutional Geographies and Cartographies of Impunity Human Rights and Adivasis/Tribes in Contemporary India, 2016: Economic and Political Weekly, Vol: LI, No: 44&45.
- Title Acharya SK, Kshatriya GK, Social Change in Contemporary Tribal India: Observations from changing status of ethnicity and language identity among Santals, 2016: The Eastern Anthropologist, Vol: 69, No: 2
- Title Chabukdhara M, Nema AK, Heavy metals assessment in urban soil around industrial clusters in Ghaziabad, India: Probabilistic health risk approach, 2013: Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety, Vol: 87, p57-64
- Title Saha S, Pattanayak SK, Sills EO, Singha AK, Under-mining health: Environmental justice and mining in India, 2011: Health and Place, Vol: 17, p140-148.
- Title Aswathi AK, Zeng X, Li J, Environmental pollution of electronic waste recycling in India: A critical review, 2016: Environmental Pollution, Vol: 211, p259-270.
- Title Pingle S, Occupational safety and health in India: Now and the future, 2012: Industrial Health, Vol: 60, p167-171.
- Title Amin M, Civil Society and State in Armed Conflict A Historical Perspective of Their Contestation in Indian-controlled Kashmir, November 2016, Economic and Political Weekly, Vol: 51, No: 46.
- Title Housen T, Lenglet A, Pintaldi G, Janes S, Shah H, Ara S, Shah S, Dar M, Hussain A, Kashmir mental health survey report 2015, 2015: Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), New Delhi,India.
- Title Mander H, Conflict and suffering: survivors of carnages in 1984 and 2002, 2010: Economic and Political Weekly, Vol: XLV, No: 32.
- Title Mehrotra S, Child Malnutrition and Gender Discrimination in South Asia, 2006: Economic and Political Weekly, Vol: 41, No: 10, p912-918.
- Title Singh M, Husan Z, Self-fulfilling Equilibrium and Social Disparities in Urban India, 2016, Economic and Political Weekly, Vol: 51, No: 48.
- Title Pawar AB, Mohan PVTK, Bansal RK, Social Determinants, Suboptimal Health Behaviour, and Morbidity in Urban Slum Population: An Indian Perspective, 2008, Journal of Urban Health: Bulletin of the New York Academy of Medicine, Vol: 85, No: 4, p607-618.
- Title Lee J, Shih R, Feeney K, Langa KM, Gender disparity in Late-life cognitive functioning in India: Findings from the Longitudinal Aging study in India, 2014, Journals of Gerontology, Series B: Psychological Sciences and Social Sciences, Vol: 69, No: 4, p603-611.
- Title Joe W, Rudra S, Subramanian SV, Horizontal Inequity in Elderly Health Care Utilization: Evidence from India, 2015, Journal of Korean Medical Science, Vol: 30,pS155-166
- Title Mohanty SK, Mazumdar S, Srivastava A, Out-of-pocket Expenditure on Health Care Among Elderly and Non-elderly Households in India, 2014, Social Indicators Research, Vol: 115, No: 3, p1137-1157.
- Title Loganathan S, Iyengar V, Chowdappa SV, Varghese M, Population trends and public awareness of healthy and pathological ageing in India: A brief overview, 2017, Asian Journal of Psychiatry, Vol: 29, p49-53.
- Title Roy K, Chaudhuri A, Influence of socioeconomic status, wealth and financial empowerment on gender differences in health and healthcare utilization in later life: evidence from India, 2008, Social Science and Medicine, Vol: 66, No: 9, p1951-1962.
- Title Perkins JM, Lee H, James KS, Oh J, Krishna A, Heo J, Lee H, Subramanian SV, Marital status, widowhood duration, gender and health outcomes: a cross-sectional study among older adults in India, 2016, BMC Public Health, Vol: 16, No: 1032.
- Title Alam M, Mazumdar S, Yadav P, Inequities in Elderly Health and Wellbeing in India: An Exploration, 2015, BKPAI Working Paper Series II No.5, United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), New Delhi.
- Title SiliconIndia, Elderly in India are a Growing Concern, 2017.
- Title Lakshman N, Srividya PV, Challenges of ageing with dignity, 2017, The Hindu.
- Title Dey S, India’s elderly now at home with healthcare, 2015, The Times of India.
- Title Chandra A, Minkovitz CS, Stigma starts early: Gender differences in teen willingness to use mental health services, 2006, Journal of Adolescent Health, Vol:38, p54.e1–754.e8
- Title Kulesza M, Raguram R, Rao D, Perceived mental health related stigma, gender, and depressive symptom severity in a psychiatric facility in South India, 2014, Asian Journal of Psychiatry, Vol: 9, p73-77.
- Title Padmavati R, Kumar S, Cohen A, Weiss HA, Chatterjee S, Pereria J, Naik S, John S, Dabholkar H, Balaji M, Chavan A, Varghese M, Thara R, Thornicroft G, Patel V, Evidences of stigma and discrimination of people with schizophrenia in India, 2014, Social Science and Medicine, Vol: 123, p149-159.
- Title Ministry of Law and Justice, The Mental Health Care Act, 2017, The Guzette of India.
- Title Akinola AB, Krishna AKI, Chetlapalli SK, Health equity for internal migrant labourers in India: an ethical perspective, Indian Journal of Medical Ethics Vol XI No 4 October-December 2014, P232.
- Title Agrawal S, Taylor FC, Moser K, Narayanan G, Kinra S, Prabhakaran D, et al. Associations between sociodemographic characteristics, pre migratory and migratory factors and psychological distress just after migration and after resettlement: The Indian migration study. Indian J Soc Psychiatry 2015;31:55-66.
- Title Rai T, Lambert HS, Ward H, Migration as a risk and a livelihood strategy: HIV across the life course of migrant families in India, 2016, Global Public Health An International Journal for Research, Policy and Practice, Volume 12, 2017 – Issue 4
- Title Social, Economic and Educational Status of the Muslim Community of India, 2006, Prime Minister’s High level committee, Cabinet Secretariat, Government of India
- Title Ajay, Minority Protection Laws in India, December 20, 2016, https://blog.ipleaders.in/minority-protection-laws-india/
- Title Barnagarwala T, Muslim women face discrimination in government-run healthcare institutions, Published:January 9, 2017, http://indianexpress.com/article/india/muslim-women-face-discrimination-in-government-run-healthcare-institutions/
- Title Das PK, Kar S, Are religious minorities deprived of public good provisions?: Regional evidence from India, The Journal of Developing Areas Volume 50, Number 1, Winter 2016 pp. 351-372 | 10.1353/jda.2016.0024.
- Title Hussain RS, McGarvey ST, Fruzzetti LM, Partition and Poliomyelitis: An Investigation of the Polio Disparity Affecting Muslims during India’s Eradication Program, 2015,https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0115628
- Title Das MB, Poverty and social exclusion in India, 2011, The International Bank for Reconstruction and Development / The World Bank.
- Title Rahman MH, Singh A, Socio-economic inequalities in the risk of diseases and associated risk factors in India, 2011, Journal of Public Health and Epidemiology Vol. 3(11), pp. 520-528.
- Title Thomas BE, Adinarayanan S, Manogaran C, Swaminathan S, Pulmonary tuberculosis among tribals in India: A systematic review & meta-analysis, 2015, The Indian Journal of Medical Research, 141(5):614-623. doi:10.4103/0971-5916.159545.
- Title Monteiro SS, Villela WV, Soares PS, The interaction between axes of inequality in studies on discrimination, stigma and HIV/AIDS: Contributions to the recent international literature (2013) Global Public Health: An International Journal for Research, Policy and Practice, 8:5, 519-533, DOI: 10.1080/17441692.2013.779738.
- Title Pradhan BK, Sundar R, Gender Impact of HIV and AIDS in India (2006) UNDP.
- Title Perkins JM, Khan KT, Subramanian SV, Patterns and Distribution of HIV among Adult Men and Women in India. (2009) PLoS ONE 4(5): e5648. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0005648.
- Title Mukhopadhyay S.The Intersection of Gender, Caste and Class Inequalities in Child Nutrition in Rural India.(2015) Asian Population Studies, 11:1, 17-31, DOI: 10.1080/17441730.2015.995150.
- Title Sunny J, Adult Undernutrition in India: Is There a Huge Gender Gap? 2011, Economic and Political Weekly, Vol. 46, No. 29, pp. 95-102.
- Title Mendenhall E, Shivashankar R, Tandon N, Ali MK, Narayan KMV, Prabhakaran D. Stress and Diabetes in Socioeconomic Context: A Qualitative Study of Urban Indians. 1982, Social science & medicine 2012; 75(12):2522-2529. doi:10.1016/j.socscimed.2012.09.040.
- Title Trani J-F, Bakhshi P, Kuhlberg J, et al. Mental illness, poverty and stigma in India: a case–control study. BMJ Open 2015;5: e006355.
- Title Flanagan L, McCartney G, How robust is the calculation of health inequality trends by educational attainment in England and Wales using the Longitudinal Study?, 2015: Public Health, Vol: 129, p621-628
- Title Maheswaran H, Kupek E, Petrou S, Self-reported health and socio economic inequalities in England, 1996-2009: Repeated national cross-sectional study, 2015: Social Science and Medicine, Vol: 136-137, p135-146.
- Title Walker G Mitchell G Fairbum J Smith G, Industrial pollution and social deprivation: evidence and complexity in evaluating and responding to environmental inequality, 2005: Local Environment: The International Journal of Justice and Sustainability, Vol: 10, No: 4.
- Title Bécares L , Das-Munshi J, Ethnic density, health care seeking behaviour and expected discrimination from health services among ethnic minority people in England, Health & Place Volume 22, July 2013, Pages 48-55
- Title More NS, Bapat U, Das S, Barnett S, Costello A, Fernandez A, Osrin D, Inequalities in maternity care and newborn outcomes: one-year surveillance of births in vulnerable slum communities in Mumbai, 2009: International Journal for Equity, Vol: 8, No: 21
- Title Harris R, Tobias M, Jeffreys M, Waldegrave K, Karlsen S, Nazroo J, Effects of self-reported racial discrimination and deprivation on Maori health inequalities in New Zealand: cross-sectional study, 2006: The Lancet, Vol: 367.
- Title Maity S, Kachari S, Socioeconomic status and the factors influencing the socio-economic status of Bodo tribes: A case study of Udalguri district, Assam, 2015: The Scientific Journal for Theory and Practice of Socio-economic Development, Vol 4, No: 8; p371-394.
- Title Prasad JB, Kumar M, Kumar A, Socioeconomic Inequalities in Under-five malnourished children and its associated factors in EAG-states and Assam India, 2015:
- Title Taneja S, Bahl S, Mazumder S, Martines J, Bhandari N, Bhan MK, Impact on inequities in health indicators: Effect of implementing the integrated management of neonatal and childhood illness programme in Haryana, India, 2015: Journal of Global Health, Vol: 5, No: 1.
- Title Gupta M, Angeli F, Bosma H, Rana M, Prinja S, Kumar R, van Schayck OCP, Effectiveness of Multiple-Strategy Community Intervention in Reducing Geographical, Socioeconomic and Gender Based Inequalities in Maternal and Child Health Outcomes in Haryana, India, 2016: PLoS ONE, Vol: 11, No: 3.
- Title Chandola T, Ferrie J, Sacker A, Marmot M, Social inequalities in self reported health in early old age: follow-up of prospective cohort study, 2007: British Medical Journal.
- Title Liu X, Wong H, Liu K, Outcome-based health equity across different social health insurance schemes for the elderly in China, 2016: BMC Health Services Research, Vol: 16, No: 9
- Title Santosa A, Schroders J, Vaezghasemi M, Ng N, Inequality in disability-free life expectancies among older men and women in six countries with developing economies, 2016: Journal of Epidemiol Community Health.
- Title Li X, Stanton B, Fang X, Lin D, Social Stigma and Maternal Health among Rural –to-Urban Migrants in China: A Conceptual Framework and Future Research Needs, 2006: World Health and Population, Vol: 8, No: 3, p14-31.
- Title Wang Y, Jian W, Maitland E, Zhao Y, Nicholas S, Lu M, Growing old before growing rich: inequality in health service utilization among the mid-aged and elderly in Gansu and Zhejiang Provinces, China, 2012, BMC Health Services Research, Vol: 12, No: 302.
- Title Li X, Stanton B, Fang X, Lin D Social Stigma and Mental Health among Rural-to-Urban Migrants in China: A Conceptual Framework and Future Research Needs, 2006, World Health Popul. 2006; 8(3): 14–31.
- Title Tam WJ, Goh WL, Chua J, Quigley HL, Health is my capital: a qualitative study of access to healthcare by Chinese migrants in Singapore, International Journal for Equity in Health (2017) 16:102 DOI 10.1186/s12939-017-0567-1.
- Title Li X, Stanton B, Fang X, Lin D. Social Stigma and Mental Health among Rural-to-Urban Migrants in China: A Conceptual Framework and Future Research Needs. (2006). World health & population, 8(3):14-31.
- Title Pradhan M, Sahn DE, Younger SD, Decomposing World Health Inequity, 2001: Tinbergen Institute Discussion Paper, TI 2001-091/2.
- Title Macinko J, Lima-Costa MF, Horizontal equity in health care utilization in Brazil, 1998-2008, 2012: International Journal for Equity in Health, Vol: 11, No: 33.
- Title Barros MBdA, Francisco PMSB, Lima MG, Cesar CLG, Social inequalities in health among the elderly, 2011: Vol: 27 Supply 2: S198-S208.
- Title Pedrana L, Pamponet M, Walker R, Costa F, Rasella D, Scoping review: national monitoring frameworks for social determinants of health and health equity, 2016: Golden Health Action, Vol: 9, No: 28831.
- Title Kikuti M, Cunha GM, Paploski IAD, Kasper AM, Silva MMO, Tavares AS, Cruz JS, Queiroz TL, Rodrigues MS, Santana PM, Lima HCAV, Calcagno J, Takahashi D, Gonçalves AHO, Araújo JMG, Gauthier K, Diuk-Wasser MA, Kitron U, Ko AI, Reis MG, Ribeiro GS, Spatial Distribution of Dengue in a Brazalian Urban Slum Setting: Role of Socioeconomic Gradient in Disease Risk, 2015, PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases, Vol: 9, No: 7, e0003937.
- Title de Oliveira BLCA, da Silva AM, da Silva RA, Thomaz EBAF, Racial inequalities in the socioeconomic, demographic and health conditions of elderly from Maranhao State, Legal Amazon, Brazil: a population-based study, 2014, Acta Amazonica, Vol: 44, No: 3, p335-344.
- Title Basta PC, Marques M, Oliveira RL, Cunha EA, Resendes AP, Souza-Santos R, Social inequalities and tuberculosis: an analysis by race/color in Mato Grosso do Sul, Brazil, 2013, Rev Saude Publica;47(5):854-64.
- Title Haghparast-Bidgoli H, Pulkki-Brannstrom AM, Lafort Y, Beksinska M, Rambally L, Roy A, Reza-Paul S, Ombidi W, Gichangi P, Skordis-Worrall J, Inequity in costs of seeking sexual and reproductive health services in India and Kenya, 2015: International Journal for Equity in Health, Vol: 14, No: 84.
- Title Rosser JI, Njoroge B, Huchko MJ, Cervical Cancer Stigma in rural Kenya: What does HIV have to do with it?, 2016, Journal of Cancer Education, Vol: 31, p413-418.
- Title Mendenhall E, Omondi GB, Bosire E, et al. Stress, diabetes, and infection: syndemic suffering in an urban public hospital clinic in Kenya, 2015, Soc Sci Med, 146, pp. 11-20.
- Title Osmani S, Sen A, The hidden penalties of gender inequality: fetal origins of ill-health, 2003: Economics and Human Biology, Vol: 1, p105-121.
- Title Malqvist M, Yuan B, Trygg N, Selling K, Thomsen S, Targeted interventions for improved equity in maternal and child health in Low- and Middle –Income settings: A systematic review and Meta-Analysis, 2013: PLOS ONE, Vol: 8, No: 6.
- Title Sadana R, Blas E, Budhwani S, Koller T, Paraje G, Healthy Ageing : Raising Awareness of Inequalities, Determinants, and What could be done to improve health equity, 2016: The Gerontologist, Vol: 56, Supply 2, S178-S193.
- Title Lankarani KB, Joulaei H, Khankeh HR, Zarei N, Fararouei M, Saboori Z, Health equity as challenging goal for policymakers: A systematic review, 2016: Global Journal of Health Science, Vol: 9, No: 2,2017.
- Title Wells JCK, Marphatia AA, Grijalva-Eternod CS, Cole TJ, Association of gender inequality with child malnutrition and mortality across 96 countries, 2016: Global Health Epidemiology and Genomics,
- Title McCollum R, Gomez W, Theobald S, Taegtmeyer M, How equitable are community health worker programmes and which programme features influence equity of community health worker services? A systematic review, May 2016: BMC Public Health, Vol: 16, No: 419.
- Title Taillepierre D, etal., Toward Achieving Health Equity: Emerging Evidence and Program Practice, January 2016: Journal of Public Health Management and Practice, Vol: 22, p S43-S49.
- Title Stephens C, Porter J, Nettleton C, Wills R, Disappearing, displaced, and undervalued: a call to action for Indigenous health worldwide, June 2006: The Lancet, Vol: 367, No: 9527; p2019-2028.
- Title Anderson, L et.al., Indigenous and tribal peoples’ health (The Lancet–Lowitja Institute Global Collaboration): a population study, July 2016: The Lancet, Vol: 388, No: 10040; p131-157
- Title Ghobarah HA, Huth P, Russett B, The post-war public health effects of civil conflict, 2004, Social Science and Medicine, Vol: 59, p869-884.
- Title WHO Regional Publications, Social determinants of health in countries in conflict A perspective from the Eastern Mediterranean Region,2008: Eastern Mediterranean Series 32.
- Title Ba I, Bhopal RS, Physical, mental and social consequences in civilians who have experienced war-related sexual violence: a systematic review (1981-2014), 2017: Public Health, Vol: 142, p121-135.
- Title Akhil L, Ahmad HA, The recent outbreaks and reemergence of poliovirus in war and conflict-affected areas, 2016: International Journal of Infectious Disease, Vol: 49, p40-46.
- Title Footer KHA, Rubenstein LS, A human rights approach to health care in conflict, 2013: International Review of the Red Cross, Vol: 95, No: 889, p167-187.
- Title Brinkman HJ , Attree L , Hezir S, Addressing horizontal inequalities as drivers of conflict in the post-2015 development agenda, 2013: United Nations Peacebuilding Support Office.
- Title McKenzie ED, Spiegel P, Khalifa A, Mateen FJ, Neuropsychiatric disorders among Syrian and Iraqi refugees in Jordan: a retrospective cohort study 2012–2013, 2015: Conflict and Health, Vol: 9, No: 10.
- Title Link BG, Phelan JC, Conceptualizing Stigma, 2001: Annual Review of Sociology , Vol: 27, p363-385.
- Title Kriger N, Discrimination and Health Inequities, 2014: International Journal of Health Services, Vol: 44, No: 4, p710.
- Title Lewis TT, Cogburn CD, Williams DR, Self-Reported Experiences of Discrimination and Health: Scientific Advances, Ongoing Controversies, and Emerging Issues, 2015: Annual Review of Clinical Psychology, Vol: 11, p10.1-10.34.
- Title Fiske ST, Stereotyping, prejudice, and discrimination, 2014.
- Title Sermrittirong S, Van Brakel WH, Stigma in leprosy: Concepts, causes and determinants, 2014: Leprosy Review, Vol: 85, p36-47.
- Title Chidrawi CH, Greeff M, Temane MG, Doak CM, HIV stigma experiences and stigmatization before and after an intervention, 2016: Health SA Gesondheid, Vol:21, p196-205.
- Title Diaz CYC , The right of young people to health and gender identities, 2011: Pan American Health Organization.
- Title Khan M, Ilcisin M, Sexton K , Multifactorial discrimination as a fundamental cause of mental health inequities, 2017: International Journal for Equity in Health, Vol: 16, No: 43.
- Title Hatzenbuehler ML, Phelan JC, Link BG, Stigma as a fundamental cause of population health inequalities, 2013: American Journal of Public Health, Vol: 103, No: 5, p813-821.
- Title Bauer GR, Incorporating intersectionality theory into population health research methodology: Challenges and the potential to advance health equity, Social Science & Medicine, 2014: Vol: 110, p10-17
- Title Gridley SJ, Crouch JM, Evans Y Eng W, Antoon E, Lyapustina M Schimmel-Bristow A, Woodward J, Youth and Caregiver Perspectives on Barriers to Gender-Affirming Health Care for Transgender Youth, 2016: Journal of Adolescent Health, Vol: 59, No: 3, p254-261.
- Title Castaneda C, Developing gender: The medical treatment of transgender young people, 2014: Social Science and Medicine, Vol: 143.
- Title Johnson MJ, Nemeth LS, Addressing Health Disparities of Lesbian and Bisexual Women: A Grounded Theory Study, 2014: Women Health Issues, Vol: 24, No: 6, p635-640.
- Title Baldwin AM, Dodge B, Schick V, Sanders SA, Fortenberry JD, Sexual Minority Women’s Satisfaction with Health Care Providers and State-level Structural Support: Investigating the Impact of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Nondiscrimination Legislation, 2017: Womens Health Issues, pii: S1049-3867(17)30019-1.
- Title Philips JC, Morrisseau-Beck DA, Patsdaughter CA, ‘‘We Don’t Think You’re Special’’: Is Equitable HIV Prevention for Sexual Minorities Possible?, 2012: The Journal of the Association of Nurses in AIDS care, Vol: 23, No: 6, p478-486.
- Title Markwick L, Male, Female, Other: Transgender and the Impact in Primary Care, 2016: The Journal for Nurse Practitioners, Vol: 12, No: 5, p330-338.
- Title Kumar A, Hessini L, Mitchell EMH, Conceptualizing Abortion Stigma, 2009: Culture, Health & Sexuality, Vol: 11, No: 6, p625-639
- Title Borrell C, Pons-Vigues M, Morrison J, Diez E, Factors and process influencing health inequalities in urban areas, Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health, 2013, Vol: 67, No: 5, p389-391.
- Title Unger A, Riley LW, Slum Health: From Understanding to Action, 2007, Vol: 4, No: 10, e295.
- Title Rose J, Cleansing public nature: landscapes of homelessness, health, and displacement, 2017, Journal of Political Ecology, Vol: 24, No: 1, p11-23.
- Title Vlahov D, Freudenberg N, Proietti F, Ompad D, Quinn A, Nandi V, Galea S, Urban as a Determinant of Health, 2007, Journal of Urban Health: Bulletin of the New York Academy of Medicine, Vol: 84, No: 1, p16-26.
- Title Friel S, Hancock T, Kjellstrom T, McGranahan G, Monge P, Roy J, Urban Health Inequities and the Added Pressure of Climate Change: An Action-Oriented Research Agenda, 2011, Journal of Urban Health: Bulletin of the New York Academy of Medicine, Vol: 88, No: 5, p886-895.
- Title World Health Organization and UN Habitat, Global Report on Urban Health: Equitable, healthier cities for sustainable development, 2016.
- Title WHO/Kobe Centre/UN Habitat, Urban health: major opportunities for improving global health outcomes, despite persistent health inequities, 2016.
- Title World Health Organization, World report on Ageing and Health, 2015, Geneva.
- Title McEniry M, Cross-National Comparisons of Health Disparities among Ageing Populations in Latin America, the Caribbean, Asia and Africa, 2013, Report 13-792, Population Research Center, University of Michigan, Institute for Social Research.
- Title Rüsch N, Angermeyer M C, Corrigan PW, Mental illness stigma: concepts, consequences, and initiatives to reduce stigma, 2005, European Psychiatry, Vol:20 p529–539.
- Title Gostin LO, Gable L, The Human Rights of Persons with Mental Disabilities: A Global Perspective on the Application of Human Rights Principles to Mental Health, 2004, Georgetown University Law Center.
- Title WHO, Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation, Improving Access to and Appropriate use of Medicines for Mental Disorders, 2017.
- Title WHO, Mental Health Atlas 2014, 2015, Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse, World Health Organization, Switzerland.
- Title Tomás BA, Pell C, Cavanillas AB, Solvas JG, Pool R, Roura M Tuberculosis in Migrant Populations. A Systematic Review of the Qualitative Literature, 2013, PLoS ONE 8(12): e82440. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0082440
- Title Pottie K, Hui C, Rahman P, Ingleby D, Akl EA, Russell G, Ling L, Wickramage K, Mosca D, Brindis CD Building Responsive Health Systems to Help Communities Affected by Migration: An International Delphi Consensus, 2017, Int J Environ Res Public Health. 14(2): 144.
- Title Metusela C, Ussher J, Perz J, Hawkey A, Morrow M, Narchal R, Estoesta J, Monteiro M In My Culture, We Don’t Know Anything About That”: Sexual and Reproductive Health of Migrant and Refugee Women, 2017, International Journal of Behavioral Medicine, pp 1–10
- Title WHO, Toolkit for assessing health system capacity to manage large influxes of refugees, asylum-seekers and migrants,2016
- Title WHO,Infographic#MigrationHealth,2015
- Title Jitendra, Governments need to recognise role of migrants in development: World Migration Report, http://www.downtoearth.org.in/news/42532, 23 October 2013
- Title Heinrich Boll Foundation, Climate change, migration, and conflict in South Asia: rising tensions and policy options across the subcontinent, http://www.indiaenvironmentportal.org.in/content/368214/, 01/12/2012
- Title Walters AM, Mishra M, Carlin M, Nweke OC, Sellers K, Jarris P, State and Territorial Infrastructure for Health Equity and Minority Health, J Public Health Manag Pract. 2016 Jan-Feb;22 Suppl 1:S77-86. doi: 10.1097/PHH.0000000000000336.
- Title Sims SB, Huye H, Landry A, Connell C, Minority Health Perceptions in the Lower Mississippi Delta: A Grounded Theory Study Using Photo Voice Methodology, 2014, ResearchGate, DOI: 10.1016/j.jand.2014.06.136
- Title Caroline CC, Clauss-Ehlers, Promoting Ecological Health Resilience for Minority Youth: Enhancing Health Care Access through the School Health Center, Psychology in the Schools, v40 n3 p265-78 May 2003
- Title Jack L, Jack NH, Hayes C, Social Determinants of Health in Minority Populations: A Call for Multidisciplinary Approaches to Eliminate Diabetes-Related Health Disparities, 2012,Diabetes Spectrum Volume 25, Number 1.
- Title Asad AL, Clair M, Racialized legal status as a social determinant of health, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.socscimed.2017.03.010.
- Title Dhamoon RK, Considerations on Mainstreaming Intersectionality,2011, Political Research Quarterly ,Volume: 64 issue: 1, page(s): 230-243.
- Title Crenshaw KW, Mapping the Margins: Intersectionality, Identity Politics, and Violence Against Women of Color, 1991, Stanford law review, Vol. 43:1241.
- Title Hankivsky O, Women’s health, men’s health, and gender and health: Implications of intersectionality, 2012, Social Science & Medicine, Volume 74, Issue 11, Pages 1712-1720.
- Title Collins PH, Intersectionality’s Deﬁnitional Dilemmas, 2015, Annual Review of Sociology ,Volume 41, Collins, pp 1-20.
- Title Larson E, George A, Morgan R, Poteat T, 10 Best resources on…intersectionality with an emphasis on low- and middle-income countries,2016, Health Policy and Planning, 1–6 doi: 10.1093/heapol/czw020.
- Title Grace D, Intersectionality-informed mixed method research a primer, 2014, The Institute for Intersectionality Research & Policy, SFU, ISBN: 978-0-86491-358-6.
- Title Hankivsky O, INTERSECTIONALITY 101, 2014, The Institute for Intersectionality Research & Policy, SFU, ISBN: 978-0-86491-355-5.
- Title Hunting G, Intersectionality-informed Qualitative Research: A Primer, 2014, The Institute for Intersectionality Research & Policy, SFU, ISBN: 978-0-86491-357-9.
- Title Rouhani S, Intersectionality-informed Quantitative Research: A Primer,2014, The Institute for Intersectionality Research & Policy, SFU, ISBN: 978-0-86491-356-2.
- Title Christensen AD, Jensen SQ , Doing Intersectional Analysis: Methodological Implications for Qualitative Research,2012,NORA – Nordic Journal of Feminist and Gender Research ,Volume 20, Issue 2 ,Pages 109-125.
- Title Kapilashramia A, Hilla S, Meer N, What can health inequalities researchers learn from an intersectionality perspective? Understanding social dynamics with an inter-categorical approach?, 2015, Social Theory & Health, Vol. 13, 3/4, 288–307.
- Title Mackinnon CA, Intersectionality as Method: A Note, 2013, Signs: Journal of Women in Culture and Society, vol. 38, no. 4.
- Title Sen G, Iyer A, Mukherjee C, A Methodology to Analyse the Intersections of Social Inequalities in Health, 2009, Journal of Human Development and Capabilities, 10: 3, 397 — 415.
- Title Logie CH, Duncan AL, Poteat T, Wagner AC, Syndemic Factors Mediate the Relationship between Sexual Stigma and Depression among Sexual Minority Women and Gender Minorities, 2017, Women’s Health Issues, Volume 27, Issue 5, Pages 592-599.
- Title Mendenhall E, Kohrt BA, Norris SA, Ndetei D, Prabhakaran D, Non-communicable disease syndemics: poverty, depression, and diabetes among low-income populations, Lancet. 2017 Mar 4; 389(10072): 951–963.
- Title Singer M, Bulled N, Ostrach B, Mendenhall E, Syndemics and the biosocial conception of health, 2017, The Lancet , Volume 389, No. 10072, p941–950.
- Title Willen SS, Knipper M, Abadía-Barrero CE, Davidovitch N, Syndemic vulnerability and the right to health, 2017, The Lancet, Volume 389, No. 10072, p964–977.
- Title Singer MC, Erickson PI, Badiane L, Diaz RM, Ortiz D, Abraham T, Nicolaysen AM, Syndemics, sex and the city: understanding sexually transmitted diseases in social and cultural context, 2006, Social Science & Medicine, Volume 63, Issue 8, Pages 2010-2021.
- Title Klein H, Using a Syndemics Theory Approach to Studying HIV Risk Taking in a Population of Men Who Use the Internet to Find Partners for Unprotected Sex, 2011, American Journal of Men’s Health, Volume: 5 issue: 6, page(s): 466-476.
- Title Tsai AC, Burns BFO,Syndemics of psychosocial problems and HIV risk: A systematic review of empirical tests of the disease interaction concept, 2015, Social Science & Medicine, Volume 139, Pages 26-35.
- Title Mendenhall E, Kohrt BA, Norris SA, Ndetei D, Prabhakaran D, Non-communicable disease syndemics: poverty, depression, and diabetes among low-income populations, 2017, The Lancet, Volume 389, Issue 10072, Pages 951-963.
- Title Tsai AC, Mendenhall E, Trostle JA, Kawachi I, Co-occurring epidemics, syndemics, and population health, 2017, The Lancet, Volume 389, No. 10072, p978–982.
- Title Sutan R, Yusof A, Syndemic Approach in Preventing Perinatal Near Miss before First Phase of Three Delay Model, 2017, International Journal of Pregnancy & Child Birth, Volume 2, Issue 4.
- Title Benbow S, Forchuk C, Gorlick C, Berman H, Ward-Grifﬁn C, Social Exclusion and Health: The Development of Nursing Knowledge, 2015, CJNR (Canadian Journal of Nursing Research), Volume 47, Number 3, pp. 56-72(17).
- Title Allman D, The Sociology of Social Inclusion, 2013, SAGE Open, Volume: 3, issue: 1, 1–16.
- Title Gijsbers GJ, Vrooman C, Explaining Social Exclusion, 2007, The Netherlands Institute for Social Research/scp The Hague.
- Title Mathieson J, Popay J, Enoch E, Escorel S, Hernandez M, Johnston H, Rispel L, Social Exclusion Meaning, measurement and experience and links to health inequalities .A review of literature, 2008, Social exclusion literature review.
- Title Van Bergen APL, Hoff SJM, van Ameijden EJC, van Hemert AM, Measuring Social Exclusion in Routine Public Health Surveys: Construction of a Multidimensional Instrument, 2014, PLoS ONE 9(5): e98680. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0098680.
- Title Morgan C, Burns T, Fitzpatrick R, Pinfold V, Priebe S, Social exclusion and mental health, 2007, BRITISH JOURNAL OF PSYCHIATRY , 191, 477-483, doi: 10.1192/bjp.bp.106.03494 2.
- Title Soors W, Dkhimi F, Criel B, Lack of access to health care for African indigents: a social exclusion perspective, 2013, International Journal for Equity in Health, 12:91.
- Title Grabovschi C, Loignon C, Fortin M, Mapping the concept of vulnerability related to health care disparities: a scoping review, 2013, BMC Health Serv Res, 13: 94.
- Title Watts MJ, Bohle HG, The space of vulnerability: the causal structure of hunger and famine, 1993, Progress in Human Geography 17, 1, PP 43-67.
- Title Fineman MA, The Vulnerable Subject: Anchoring Equality in the Human Condition, 2008, Yale Journal of Law & Feminism: Vol. 20: Iss. 1, Article 2.
- Title Ciurean RL, Schröter D, Glade T, Conceptual Frameworks of Vulnerability Assessments for Natural Disasters Reduction, 2013, Approaches to Disaster Management – Examining the Implications of Hazards, Emergencies and Disasters, Prof. John Tiefenbacher (Ed.), InTech, DOI: 10.5772/55538.
- Title Spini D, Hanappi D, Bernardi L, Oris M, Bickel JF, Vulnerability across the life course : A theoretical framework and research directions, 2013, LIVES Working Papers, Volume 2013, Issue 27, Page 1-35
- Title Nazroo JY, Genetic, cultural or socio-economic vulnerability? Explaining ethnic inequalities in health, 1998, Sociology of Health & Illness Vol. 20 No.5, ISSN 0141–9889, pp. 710–730.
- Title Bell S, Aggleton P, Ward J, Maher L, Sexual agency, risk and vulnerability: a scoping review of young Indigenous Australians’ sexual health, 2017, Journal of Youth Studies, Vol. 20, Iss. 9.
- Title Myhrvold T, Marginalisation as a Possible Health Issue: an Exercise in Practice-Based Ethical Education, 2012, Nordic Journal of Applied Ethics, 6 (1), pp. 42–57.
- Title Dodgson JE, Struthers R, Indigenous Women’s Voices: Marginalization and Health, 2005, Journal of Transcultural Nursing, Vol. 16 No. 4, 339-346.
- Title Lynam MJ, Cowley S, Understanding marginalization as a social determinant of health, 2007, Critical Public Health, 17(2): 137–149.
- Title Kontunen K, Rijks B, Motus N, Iodice J, Schultz C, Mosca D, Ensuring health equity of marginalized populations: experiences from mainstreaming the health of migrants, 2014, Health Promotion International, Volume 29, Issue suppl_1, Pages i121–i129.
- Title Serrant-Green L, The sound of ‘silence’: A framework for researching sensitive issues or marginalised perspectives in health, 2010, Journal of Research in Nursing 16(4) 347–360.
- Title Luchensk S, Maguire N, Aldridge RW, Hayward A, Story A, Perri P, Withers J, Clint S, Fitzpatrick S, Hewett N, What works in inclusion health: overview of eﬀective interventions for marginalised and excluded populations, 2018, Lancet; 391: 266–80.
- Title Barter-Godfrey S, Taket A, Othering, marginalisation and pathways to exclusion in health, 2009, Theorising social exclusion, Routledge, Abingdon, England, pp.166-172.
- Title Myhrvold T, Marginalisation as a Possible Health Issue: an Exercise in Practice-Based Ethical Education, 2012, Etikk i praksis. Nordic Journal of Applied Ethics , 6 (1), pp. 42–57.
- Title G.M. Craig, A. Daftary, N. Engel, S. O’Driscoll, A. Ioannaki, Tuberculosis stigma as a social determinant of health: a systematic mapping review of research in low incidence countries, 2017, International Journal of Infectious Diseases, 56, 90-100.
- Title Hargreaves JR, Boccia D, Evans CA, Adato M, Petticrew M, Porter JDH, The Social Determinants of Tuberculosis: From Evidence to Action, 2011, Am J Public Health , 101(4): 654–662.
- Title Neyrolles O, Quintana-Murci L, Sexual Inequality in Tuberculosis, 2009, Sexual Inequality in Tuberculosis. PLoS Med 6(12): e1000199. doi:10.1371/journal.pmed.1000199
- Title Weiss MG, Auer C, Somma DB, Abouihia A, Kemp J, Jawahar MS, Karim F, Arias NL, Gender and tuberculosis: cross-site analysis and implications of a multi-country study in Bangladesh, India, Malawi, and Colombia, 2006, WHO reference number:TDR/SDR/SEB/RP/06.1.
- Title Yang W-T, Gounder CR, Akande T, et al, Barriers and Delays in Tuberculosis Diagnosis and Treatment Services: Does Gender Matter? , 2014, Tuberculosis Research and Treatment. 2014:461935, doi:10.1155/2014/461935.
- Title Ortblad KF, Salomon JA, Bärnighausen T, Atun R, Stopping tuberculosis: a biosocial model for sustainable development, 2015, Lancet, Volume 386, Issue 10010, 5–11, Pages 2354-2362.
- Title Phaladze N, Tlou S, Gender and HIV/AIDS in Botswana: A focus on inequalities and discrimination, (2006) Gender & Development. 14. 23-35. 10.1080/13552070500518095.
- Title Edwards AE, Collins CB. Exploring the influence of social determinants on HIV risk behaviors and the potential application of structural interventions to prevent HIV in women. 2014, Journal of health disparities research and practice.7(SI2):141-155.
- Title Fox AM. The Social Determinants of HIV Serostatus in Sub-Saharan Africa: An Inverse Relationship Between Poverty and HIV? 2010, Public Health Reports.125 (Suppl 4):16-24.
- Title Zhou YR, ‘Race’ and HIV vulnerability in a transnational context: the case of Chinese immigrants to Canada, (2017), Culture, Health & Sexuality, 19:6, 695-708, DOI: 10.1080/13691058.2016.1192221
- Title Bancroft A, Globalisation and HIV/AIDS: Inequality and the boundaries of a symbolic epidemic (2001) Health, Risk & Society, 3:1, 89-98.
- Title Physicians for Human Rights, Epidemic of Inequality: Women’s Rights and HIV/AIDS in Botswana & Swaziland (2007), Cambridge, Physicians for Human Rights.
- Title Van de Poel E, Hosseinpoor AR, Speybroeck N, Van Ourti T, Vega J. Socioeconomic inequality in malnutrition in developing countries.(2008) Bulletin of the World Health Organization;86(4):282-291. doi:10.2471/BLT.07.044800.
- Title Nisbett N,Gillespie S, Haddad L, Harris J. Why Worry About the Politics of Childhood Undernutrition? (2014) World Development, Volume 64, Pages 420-433.
- Title Gillespie S, Bold MD, the Stories of Change Study Team, Stories of Change in nutrition: An overview, 2017, Global Food Security Volume 13, Pages 1-11.
- Title Hsu C-C, Lee C-H, Wahlqvist ML, et al. Poverty Increases Type 2 Diabetes Incidence and Inequality of Care Despite Universal Health Coverage. 2012, Diabetes Care; 35(11):2286-2292. doi:10.2337/dc11-2052.
- Title Christiani Y, Dhippayom T, Chaiyakunapruk N. Assessing evidence of inequalities in access to medication for diabetic populations in low- and middle-income countries: a systematic review. 2016, Global Health Action; 9:10.3402/gha.v9.32505. doi:10.3402/gha.v9.32505.
- Title Hannan C, Women gender equality, and diabetes, 2009, Int. J. Gynaecol. Obstet., 104 (Suppl. 1), pp. S4-S7.
- Title Harris SB, Tompkins JW, TeHiwi B. Call to action: a new path for improving diabetes care for indigenous peoples, a global review. 2017, Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice, Volume 123, Pages 120-133.
- Title Weaver R.R, Lemonde M, Payman N, Goodman W.M, Health capabilities and diabetes self-management: the impact of economic, social, and cultural resources, 2014, Soc. Sci. Med., 102, pp. 58-68.
- Title Grintsova O, Maier W, Mielck A. Inequalities in health care among patients with type 2 diabetes by individual socio-economic status (SES) and regional deprivation: a systematic literature review. 2014, International Journal for Equity in Health; 13:43. doi:10.1186/1475-9276-13-43.
- Title O. Ginsburg, F. Bray, M.P. Coleman, V. Vanderpuye, A. Eniu, S.R. Kotha, et al., The global burden of women’s cancers: a grand challenge in global health, (2017) Lancet 389 (10071) 847–860.
- Title Forrest LF, Adams J, Wareham H, Rubin G, White M, Socioeconomic Inequalities in Lung Cancer Treatment: Systematic Review and MetaAnalysis.(2013) PLoS Med 10(2): e1001376. doi:10.1371/journal.pmed.1001376.
- Title Asare M, Flannery M, AOCN RN, Kamen C, Social Determinants of Health: A Framework for Studying Cancer Health Disparities and Minority Participation in Research.(2017) Oncol Nurs Forum ; 44(1): 20–23. doi:10.1188/17.ONF.20-23.
- Title Thewes. B, Davis.E, Girgis. A, Valery.P.C, Giam. K, Hocking. A, Jackson.J, Yf He. V, Yip. D, Garvey. G, Routine screening of Indigenous cancer patients’ unmet support needs: a qualitative study of patient and clinician attitudes (2016) International Journal for Equity in Health, Volume 15, Number 1, Page 1.
- Title Denois V R, Querre M, Chen L, Barrault M, Chauvin F. Inequalities and barriers to the use of supportive care among young breast cancer survivors: a qualitative understanding. (2017) Journal of Cancer Education, Volume 32, Issue 4, pp 790–798
- Title Maxwell AE, Danao LL, Cayetano RT, Crespi CM, Bastani R. Implementation of an evidence-based intervention to promote colorectal cancer screening in community organizations: a cluster randomized trial (2016) Translational Behavioral Medicine;6(2):295-305.
- Title Whitaker KL, Scott SE, Wardle J. Applying symptom appraisal models to understand sociodemographic differences in responses to possible cancer symptoms: a research agenda (2015) British Journal of Cancer;112(Suppl 1):S27-S34.
- Title Wagner C.V, Good A, Whitaker K.L, Wardle J, Psychosocial Determinants of Socioeconomic Inequalities in Cancer Screening Participation: A Conceptual Framework (2011) Epidemiologic Reviews, Volume 33, Issue 1, Pages 135–147.
- Title Ward E, Jemal A, Cokkinides V, Singh GK, Cardinez C, Ghafoor A, Thun M. Cancer disparities by race/ethnicity and socioeconomic status (2004)CA Cancer J Clin;54(2):78-93.
- Title Ngui EM, Khasakhala L, Ndetei D, Roberts LW. Mental disorders, health inequalities and ethics: A global perspective. (2010) International review of psychiatry (Abingdon, England);22(3):235-244.
- Title Silva M, Loureiro A, Cardoso G. Social determinants of mental health: A review of the evidence. (2016). European Journal of Psychiatry. 30. 259-292.
- Title WHO, Gender Differences in the Epidemiology of Affective Disorders and Schizophrenia. (1997).WHO/MSA/NAM/97.1.
- Title Wang J, Lloyd-Evans B, Giacco D, et al. Social isolation in mental health: a conceptual and methodological review. 2017, Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology;52(12):1451-1461.
- Title World Health Organization and Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation. Social determinants of mental health. Geneva, World Health Organization, 2014.
- Title Thapa K, Kumar R, Social Exclusion and Mental Health A Preamble, 2015, Psychology and Developing Societies 27(2) 143–154.
- Title Blum M, Estimating male and female height inequality, 2013: Economics and Human Biology, Vol: 30.
- Title Jones AM, Rice N, Robone S, Dias PR, Inequality and polarisation in health systems’ responsiveness: A cross-country analysis, 2011: Journal of Health Economics, Vol: 30, p616-625.
- Title Hildebrand V, Van Kerm P, Income inequality and self-rated health status: Evidence from the European community household panel, 2009: Demography, Vol: 46, No: 4, p805-825.
- Title Balsa AI, Rossi M, Triunfo P, Horizontal inequity in access to health care in four South American cities, 2009: ECINE Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, Working Paper Series: 2009-131.
- Title Allin S, Masseria C, Mossialos E, Inequality in health care use among older people in the United Kingdom: an analysis of panel data, 2006: Working Paper No: 1/2006, The London School of Economics and Political Science.
- Title Forbes A, Wainwright SP, On the methodological, theoretical and philosophical context of health inequalities research: a critique, 2001: Social Science and Medicine, Vol: 53, p801-816.
- Title Davidson R, Kitzinger J, Hunt K, The wealthy get healthy, the poor get poorly? Lay perceptions of health inequalities, 2006: Social Science and Medicine, Vol: 62, No: 9, p2171-2182.
- Title World Health Organization, Uncovering health inequalities: A path towards leaving no one behind, May 2016.
- Title Ruhago GM, Ngalesoni F, Norheim OF, Addressing inequity to achieve the maternal and child health millennium development goals: looking beyond averages, 2012, BMC Public Health: Vol: 12, No: 1119.
- Title Deaton A, What does the empirical evidence tell us about the injustice of health inequalities?, 2011:
- Title Penman-Aguilar A, Talih M, Huang D, Moonesinghe R, Bouye K, Beckles G, Measurement of health disparities, health inequities, and social determinants of health to support the advancement of health equity, 2016: Journal of Public Health Management and Practice, Vol: 22, No: Supply1, pS33-S42.
- Title Bal M, Equity and excellence a novel experiment for convergence-KISS Odisha, 2014: British Journal of Education, Vol: 2, No: 6, p55-62.
- Title Gubrium AC, Mann ES, Borrero S, Dehlendorf C, Fields J, Geronimus AT, Gomez AM, Harris LH, Higgins JA, Kimport K, Luker K, Luna Z, Mamo L, Roberts D, Romero D, Sisson G, Realizing Reproductive Health Equity Needs More than Long-Acting Reversible Contraception (LARC), 2016: American Journal of Public Health, Vol: 106, No: 1.
- Title Kamal N, Curtis S, Hassan MS, Jamil K, Trends in equity in use of maternal health services in urban and rural Bangladesh, 2016: International Journal for Equity in Health, Vol: 15, No: 17.
- Title Huda TM, Tahsina T, El Arifeen S, Dibley MJ, The importance of intersectoral factors in promoting equity-oriented universal health coverage: a multilevel analysis of social determinants affecting neonatal infant and under-five mortality in Bangladesh, 2016: Global Health Action, Vol: 9.
- Title Nisbett N, Davis P, Yosef S, Akhtar N, Bangladesh’s story of change in nutrition: Strong improvements in basic and underlying determinants with an unfinished agenda for direct community level support, 2017, Global Food Security Volume 13, Pages 21-29.
- Title Memirie ST, Verguet S, Norheim OF, Levin C, Johansson KA, Inequalities in utilization of maternal and child health services in Ethiopia: the role of primary health care, 2016: BMC Health Services Research, Vol: 16, No: 51.
- Title Socias ME, Koehoorn M, Shoveller J, Gender inequalities in access to health care among adults living in British Columbia, Canada, 2016: Women’s Health Issues, Vol: 26, No: 1.
- Title Veenstra G, Race, gender, class, and sexual orientation: intersecting axes of inequality and self-rated health in Canada, 2011: International Journal for Equity in Health, Vol: 10, No: 3.
- Title State of the world’s Indigenous Peoples, Economic and Social Affairs, 2009: Division for Social Policy and Development, United Nations
- Title Ma J, Mitchell G, Dong G, Zhang W, Inequality in Beijing: A Spatial Multilevel Analysis of Perceived Environmental Hazard and Self-Rated Health, 2016: Annals of the American Association of Geographers, Vol: 107, No:1.
- Title Shrestha R, Flacke J, Martinez J, Maarseveen Mv, Environmental Health Related Socio-Spatial Inequalities: Identifying “Hotspots” of Environmental Burdens and Social Vulnerability, 2016: International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, Vol: 13, No: 691.
- Title Conant J, Fadem P, A Community Guide to Environmental Health, Berkeley (California, USA), Hesperian Health Guides, 2008.
- Title Smedley BD, Stith AY, Nelson AR, Unequal Treatment: Confronting Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Health Care (with CD), 2003: National Academies Press, Washington.
- Title Slater LZ, Moneyham L, Vance DE, Raper JL, Mugavero MJ, Childs W, The Multiple Stigma Experience and Quality of Life in Older Gay Men with HIV, 2015: Journal of the Association of Nurses in AIDS Care, Vol: 26, No: 1.
- Title White Hughto JM, Reisner SL, Pachankis JE, Transgender stigma and health: A critical review of stigma determinants, mechanisms, and interventions, 2015: Social Science and Medicine, Vol: 147, p222-231.
- Title Agenor M, Austin SB, Kort D, Austin EL, Muzny CA, Sexual Orientation and Sexual and Reproductive Health among African American Sexual Minority Women in the U.S. South, 2016: Women’s Health Issues, Vol: 2, No: 6, p612-621
- Title Fredriksen-Goldsen KI, Simoni JM, Kim H-J, Lehavot K, Walters KL, Yang J, Hoy-Ellis CP, The Health Equity Promotion Model: Reconceptualization of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) Health Disparities, 2014: American Journal of Orthopsychiatry, Vol: 86, No: 6, p653-663.
- Title Newcomb ME, Mustanski B, Internalized homophobia and internalizing mental health problems: A meta-analytic review, 2010: Clinical Psychology Review, Vol: 30, No: 8, p1019-1029.
- Title Agenor M , Krieger N, Austin SB, Haneuse S, Gottlieb BR, At the intersection of sexual orientation, race/ethnicity, and cervical cancer screening: Assessing Pap test use disparities by sex of sexual partners among black, Latina, and white U.S. women, 2014: Vol: 116, p110-118.
- Title Cockrill K, Nack A, “I’m not that type of person”: Managing the stigma of having an abortion, 2013: Deviant Behaviour, Vol; 34, p973-990.
- Title Bommaraju A, Kavanaugh ML, Hou MY, Bessett D, Situating Stigma in Stratified Reproduction: Abortion stigma and miscarriage stigma as barriers to reproductive health care, 2016: Sexual & Reproductive Healthcare, Vol: 10, p62-69.
- Title Seng JS, Lopez WD, Sperlich M, Hamama L, Meldrum CDR, Marginalized identities, discrimination burden, and mental health: Empirical exploration of an interpersonal-level approach to modeling intersectionality, 2012, Social Science and Medicine, Vol:75, p. 2437-2445.
- Title Mishra PK, Samarth RM, Pathak N, Jain S, Banerjee S, Maudar KK, Bhopal Gas Tragedy: Review of Clinical and Experimental Findings After 25 years, 2009: International Journal of Occupational Medicine and Environmental Health, Vol: 22, No: 3, p193-202.
- Title Mittal A, Retrospection of Bhopal gas tragedy, 2016: Toxicological and Environmental Chemistry, Vol: 98, No: 99, p1079-1083.
- Title De S, Retrospective analysis of lung function abnormalities of Bhopal gas tragedy affected population, 2012: The Indian Journal of Medical Research, Vol: 135, p193-200.
- Title Boodram CS, Johnson EJ, Environmental health hazard on industrial disasters: a study on how to achieve community – level social support, 2016: Natural Hazards, Vol: 84, No: 1, p109-120.
- Title Grimard F, Laszlo S, Long-Term effects of Civil conflict on women’s health outcomes in Peru, 2014, World Development, Vol: 54, p139-155.
- Title Najafizada SAM, Labobte R, Bourgeault IL, Community health workers of Afghanistan: a qualitative study of a national program, 2014, Conflict and Health, Vol: 8, No: 26.
Democratic Republic of Congo
- Title Burkhardt G, Scott J, Onyango MA, Rouhani S, Haider S, Greiner A, Albutt K, VanRooyen M, Bartels S, Sexual violence – related pregnancies in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo: a qualitative analysis of access to pregnancy termination services, 2016, Conflict and Health, Vol: 10, No: 30.
- Title Minoiu C, Shemyakina ON, Armed conflict, household victimization, and child health in Côte d’Ivoire, May 2014, Journal of Development Economics, Vol: 108, p237-255.
- Title Khanaday Z, Tanwar Y, Exploring Religion based Discrimination in Health Facilities in Mumbai, 2013: Centre for Enquiry into Health and Allied Themes (CEHAT), Mumbai
- Title Sivasubramanian M, Mimiaga MJ, Mayer KH, Anand VR, Johnson CV, Prabhugate P, Safren SA, Suicidality, clinical depression, and anxiety disorders are highly prevalent in men who have sex with men in Mumbai, India: Findings from a community –recruited sample, 2011: Psychology, Health and Medicine, Vol: 16, No: 4, p450-462.
- Title Karn SK, Shikura S, Harada H, Living Environment and Health of Urban Poor: A Study in Mumbai, 2013, Economic and Political Weekly, Vol: 38, No: 4.
- Title Krishnan M, India’s first transgender school opens, but discrimination remains, January 3, 2017.
- Title Rajalakshmi TK, Stigma in seeking help remains, 2016, FRONTLINE.
- Title van der Star A, Branstrom R, Acceptance of sexual minorities, discrimination, social capital and health and well-being: a cross-European study among members of same-sex and opposite-sex couples, 2015: BMC Public Health, Vol: 15, No: 812.
- Title Chakrapani V, Newman PA, Shunmugam M, Dubrow R, Barriers to free antiretroviral treatment access among Kothi-identified men who have sex with men and aravanis (transgender women) in Chennai, India, 2011: AIDS Care, Vol: 23, No: 12, p1687-1694.
- Title Trivedi D, Promise of dignity, 2016, FRONTLINE.
- Title Janarthanan V, Institutional inadequacies, 2016, FRONTLINE.
- Title Rodríguez-Díaz CE, Jovet-Toledo, GG , Vélez-Vega CM, Ortiz-Sánchez EJ, Edda I. Santiago-Rodríguez EI, Vargas-Molina RL, Rodríguez-Madera SL, Mulinelli-Rodríguez JJ, Discrimination and Health among Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans people in Puerto Rico, 2016: Puerto Rico Health Sciences Journal, Vol: 35, No: 3, p154-159.
- Title Wilson EC, Chen YH, Arayasirikul S, Raymond HF, McFarland W, The Impact of Discrimination on the Mental Health of Trans*Female Youth and the Protective Effect of Parental Support, AIDS and Behaviour, Vol: 20, No: 10, p2203-2211.
- Title Gustafsson PE, Linander I, Mosquera PA, Embodying pervasive discrimination: a decomposition of sexual orientation inequalities in health in a population-based cross-sectional study in Northern Sweden, 2017: International Journal for Equity in Health, Vol: 16, No: 22.
- Title Edvinsson S, Lundevaller EH, Malmberg G, Do unequal societies cause death among the elderly? A study of the health effects of inequality in Swedish municipalities in 2006, 2013, Global Health Action, Vol: 6, No: 19116.
- Title Scott SD, Pringle A, Lumsdaine C, Sexual Exclusion, homophobia and health inequalities: a review, 2004: UK Gay Men’s Health Network.
- Title Gannon K, Glover L, Abel P, Masculinity, infertility, stigma and media reports, 2004: Social Science & Medicine, Vol: 59, No: 6, p1169-1175.
- Title Mohammadi F, Kohan S, Mostafavi F, Gholami A, The Stigma of Reproductive Health Services Utilization by Unmarried Women, 2016: Iranian Red Crescent Medical Journal, Vol: 18, No: 3, e24231.
- Title Crawforda M, Menger LM, Kaufman MR, ‘This is a natural process’: Managing menstrual stigma in Nepal, 2014: Culture, Health & Sexuality, Vol: 16, No: 4, p426-439.
- Title Teng FF, Mitchell SM, Sekikubo M, Biryabarema C, Byamugisha JK, Steinberg M, Money DM, Ogilvie GS, Understanding the role of embarrassment in gynaecological screening: a qualitative study from the ASPIRE cervical cancer screening project in Uganda, 2014, BMJ Open, Vol: 4, e004783.
- Title Amone-P’Olak K, Lekhutlile TM, Ovuga E, Abbott RA, Meiser-Stedman R, Stewart DG, Jones PB, Sexual violence and general functioning among formerly abducted girls in Northern Uganda: the mediating roles of stigma and community relations – the WAYS study, 2016, BMC Public Health, Vol: 16, p64
Egypt and Lebanon
- Title Inhorn MC, Middle Eastern Masculinities in the Age of New Reproductive Technologies: Male Infertility and Stigma in Egypt and Lebanon, 2004, Medical Anthropology Quarterly, Vol: 18, No: 2, p162-182.
- Title Aniteye P, O’Brien B, Mayhew SH, Stigmatized by association: challenges for abortion service providers in Ghana, 2016, BMC Health Services Research, Vol: 16, p486.
- Title Lungu EA, Biesma R, Chirwa M, Darker C, Healthcare seeking practices and barriers to accessing under-five child health services in urban slims in Malawi: a qualitative study, 2016, BMC Health Services Research, Vol: 16, No: 410.
- Title UN Habitat, WHO, Hidden Cities: Unmasking and overcoming health inequities in urban settings,2010, UN-Habitat head office in Nairobi, Kenya and the World Health Organization.
- Title World Bank Group, Closing the health gaps for the elderly: Promoting health equity and social inclusion in Thailand, 2016, Working Paper.
- Title Nxumalo CT, Mchunu GG, Exploring the stigma related experiences of family members of persons with mental illness in a selected community in the iLembe district, KwaZulu-Natal, 2017, Healthsgesondheid, Vol:22, p202-212.
- Title Målqvist M, Hoa DTP, Liem NT, Thorson A, Thomsen S, Ethnic minority health in Vietnam: a review exposing horizontal inequity, Glob Health Action 2013, 6: 19803 – http://dx.doi.org/10.3402/gha.v6i0.19803
- Title Statement of the United Nations Special Rapporteur on minority issues, Rita Izsák-Ndiaye, on the conclusion of her official visit to Sri Lanka, 10-20 October 2016, http://www.ohchr.org/EN/NewsEvents/Pages/DisplayNews.aspx?NewsID=20709&LangID=E
- Title Walsh D, McCartney G, Collins C, Taulbut M, Batty GD, History, politics and vulnerability: explaining excess mortality in Scotland and Glasgow, 2017, Public Health, Volume 151, Pages 1-12.
- Title McDowell AJ, Troubling Breath: Tuberculosis, care and subjectivity at the margins of Rajasthan, 2014, thttp://nrs.harvard.edu/urn-3:HUL.InstRepos:dash.current.terms-ofuse#LAA.
- Title Boccia D, Hargreaves J, De Stavola BL, et al. The Association between Household Socioeconomic Position and Prevalent Tuberculosis in Zambia: A Case-Control Study, 2011, Pai M, ed. PLoS ONE, 6(6):e20824. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0020824.
- Title Balagamwala, M.; Gazdar, H.; Mallah, H.B. Women’s Agricultural Work and Nutrition in Pakistan: Findings from Qualitative Research. (2015). LANSA Working Paper No 2, 39pp.
- Title Kismul H, Hatløy A, Andersen P, Mapatano M, Broeck JV, Moland KM, The social context of severe child malnutrition: a qualitative household case study from a rural area of the Democratic Republic of Congo, 2015, International Journal for Equity in Health The official journal of the International Society for Equity in Health,14:47.
Achutha Menon Centre For Health Science Studies
Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology,
Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala – 695011, India
Telephone : 91-471-2443152
FAX : 91-471-2446433
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org