- Evolving, through a consultative process, a country-relevant multi-disciplinary research agenda on health inequities
- Supporting and promoting research on identified priorities for health inequities in India to expand the breadth and depth of the evidence – base on health inequities in India
- Nurturing research capacity in health equity research among young researchers across sectors and disciplines
- Engaging in knowledge translation activities throughout the project cycle to increase visibility to health equity concerns among key constituencies such as health equity researchers, policy makers, civil society actors engaged in advocacy for health and for social justice
- In order to achieve (i) to (iv), working in partnership with and forging a community of health equity researchers as well as practitioners across academic disciplines and across academia, policy makers and civil society actors
- Enhancing the capacity of Achuta Menon Centre for Health Science Studies, Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences & Technology as a centre with expertise on cutting-edge, multi-disciplinary research on health inequities in India.